She fell in love with the drummer...


What is it about live music? What is it about rock music? It just takes me away, transforms me, yet brings me back to who I am, at my barest roots. And I wonder, as I'm reminded of my passion for this force, why it is that I participate so safely, rarely, barely counted on the outskirts... I love this shit, I truly do... I love to play a show, like we did tonight... I love to have my handful of friends gather (not including the boy... No surprise...) and I love to show off, come out of my shell... To work towards a goal and to share this result, in the most nerve-ridden raw form... So why is it, again, that I participate so vaguely in this art that I hold so closely to my heart...

On my way home from the show I saw that I had four minutes, literally, until alcohol sales were halted... So drove to, parked at, and ran into my local grocery store, to get a (let me check) 650 ML bottle of Rogue American Amber Ale.... While I did hold strong on the smober... We got paid in beer.... And a better reward I cannot imagine.... Oh, besides cash...

There are things in life, I've learned, that we love... There are things in life that we enjoy... And there are things in life that we feel so passionately about, so eager to consume, that we dare not go near... My friend Nicos has no teeth.. When you ask him what happened to his teeth, he says, "rock and roll..." and it's the truth... I love this life.. I love to stay up all night, drink in living and share laughs and communication.. it's organic... it's in my mind and in my bones... and I'm afraid of it... I want to say I could not do this every night... but, the truth is, I could... and that scares the shit out of me....

cheers-

2 comments:

Doug said...

Nothin' like raw entertainment. I, too, have passions yet "participate so vaguely" for the oddest reasons.



(take our your friggin' word verification thingamajig!)

Tay Hota said...

(no)