Are we there yet?


Well it's here. First thing this morning I opened my work e-mail, and had nine "mandates" from my new supervisor. The new school year is 11 days away. Don't get me wrong, I'm ready to get back into things, as I do NOTHING with my down time but sit and rot; try to keep myself out of trouble; think way too much; and get lonely bored and bitter. Good times, huh? So, in the next 11 days I have to accomplish my two simple goals for the summer: paint my downstairs (see colors to the left, I'm leaning towards one of the top two...) and CLEAN this house. Yeah, exciting life I lead... Anyway, here are a few thoughts about the current state of affairs:
  • heading to Asheville next weekend, a surprise from the boy. I'm thrilled about it, I'll actually get a vacation after all. He can really pull out the nice card when he wants to.
  • regret not going out with J last night, but my cig cravings were strong, had already been to a wine tasting (picked up a wonderful moscato), and, okay, lets face it, I'm old and the thought of being out until 2 am scared the shit outta me. My how the mighty have fallen.
  • photography has fallen to the wayside, but I need to pick it up again. Ordered tripod (thats what I call my hung hooker friend... j/k) and will hopefully be here b4 Asheville.
  • playing again, and will have first show in two weeks.... haven't played out in, hmmm, probably a year or so... so looking forward to that... new band page up, but no, you can't see it... :P
  • (Oh, funny thing there is that the guy I'm playing with does not know I'm gay, but his wife is CERTAIN of it, I can tell. She is always asking me about Hugh Grant movies and Steel Magnolias and all.... I've stayed very neutral, and will, at least until the first show is out of the way... Will be interesting to see how that turns out... Don't think he's gonna be too thrilled when it's inevitably revealed, but, that seem to fall under, lemme check, yes, there it is: NOT my problem... ; )
  • 36 days smober and feeling good!!! Don't know why it took me so long to quit, but finally feel ready, thank God....

1 comment:

Doug said...

Evaluate "play".

'Grats on a month+ w/o touchin' a cancer stick. I need to quit for wrestling season.