100 Things...

One thing that bugs me about finding a new blog is researching who the hell the person is. Now, I hardly have enough readers to be too concerned, but since talking about myself has always been a favorite past-time, here is another attempt at a '100 Things About Me' list... Ice cream cones for those who can get through it....

  1. Born in Baltimore, Maryland
  2. favorite food is blue crabs
  3. least favorite food is eggplant
  4. 'Tay Hota' (my blog name only) is what my college spanish professor called me...
  5. Taught high school for 8 years
  6. have known my best friend for almost ten years (is that right?)
  7. Still with public education in a 'different' capacity (no, not janitor, yet...)
  8. rock drummer
  9. just switched back from a 5 piece rock set-up to a 4 piece jazz rig... Love it...
  10. my dog is a boxer
  11. he was rescued from some folks in Georgia using him to train pitbull
  12. I try to not believe in a hell
  13. member of a Unitarian universalist church
  14. I believe the bible is flawed by human interpretation
  15. it makes me nervous to type that
  16. believe in God, but do not consider myself a Christian
  17. have been in a relationship with a man for 7.5 years (I think, but am losing count)
  18. favorite comedic movie is Anchorman
  19. favorite romantic movie is Breakfast at Tiffany's
  20. favorite horror movie is The Shining
  21. favorite gay/ lesbian movie is Latter Days
  22. favorite action movie is True Romance
  23. favorite musical is Cabaret
  24. favorite classic is Funny Girl
  25. favorite drama movie is Billy Elliot
  26. favorite series is Six Feet Under
  27. best movie I've seen recently was 'Everything Is Illuminated.'
  28. guilty pleasure movie is Goonies
  29. first realized I liked boys in 4th grade (his name was Bruce... he smelled so nice...)
  30. first kiss in 6th grade.. Rachel? dunno...
  31. first, ummm, well... 15 Melody
  32. first boy kiss at 18ish... Joe
  33. fascination with multiples of three... Especially those that can be added together to equal three or nine... (3,9,12, 18, 21, 27... not 33...)
  34. don't like the number 6
  35. my favorite beer is Newcastle
  36. my favorite liquor is whiskey
  37. favorite drink is a Manhattan
  38. best trip was to Manhattan
  39. Malta was best trip as well...
  40. was a smoker for 15+ years
  41. am now a non-smoker
  42. boxers, not briefs
  43. work out 4x week
  44. favorite exercise is running
  45. least favorite, so far, is spin class.... shit
  46. leg press 320# (plus the sled...)
  47. am about 75% Irish
  48. about 20% German... bits of English (don't get no whiter than me...)
  49. first celebrity crush was Corey Haim... (non celebrity was Corky Spinnanger...)
  50. am only white male in my first grade picture
  51. passionate about working with inner city students
  52. very low tolerance for whiney middle/ upper class kids
  53. grew up as an upper middle class kid
  54. straight edge skinhead throughout high school
  55. because I loved punk rock
  56. and because I loved boys with shaved heads.
  57. still do.
  58. don't use drugs, anymore
  59. preferred speed to pot
  60. Capricorn (pragmatic, rule oriented, control, reserved, careful, practical, faithful, kindness and affection overpowered by shyness, committed to a fault, insecure about their abilities, (see 'poorly trained monkey'))
  61. trying desperately to get to Germany to see a friend i miss very much
  62. zeppelin over the who... but not by much
  63. beatles over the stones... but could change at any time...
  64. Bette over Barbara...
  65. sex pistols over the clash over the ramones... (whew, I should be shot for that...)
  66. minor threat trumps em all
  67. Madonna over Cher...
  68. Tupac over B.I.G....
  69. current band Wilco
  70. guilty pleasure band: motley crue
  71. greens are my favorite colors
  72. least favorite part of my body: tied b/w chin and stomach... hmmm, and butt...
  73. butt is fav part of guys body...
  74. I think girl butts are strange
  75. I think I have a girly butt (aka 'Irish butt')
  76. dream house is a 20's/ 30's urban bungalow
  77. favorite city to live in: DC
  78. favorite city to spend a week in: NYC
  79. best city to spend no more than 3 days: New Orleans
  80. best city to tour alone: Seattle
  81. best city to bring my fabulous husband to: Vancouver
  82. seem to be losing my ability to have or remember dreams... that scares me...
  83. have seen a ghost
  84. have had premonitions come true
  85. admire people who can fill time without TV
  86. spent too much time admiring other people
  87. wish I did not live alone
  88. spend too much time wishing
  89. have been out of my parents house for 13 years and still get homesick
  90. would go back and do it again
  91. best moment of my life was floating nude under a full Mediterranean moon...
  92. besides Munich, would next like to head to Chicago (domestic) or London
  93. if my numbers were drawn tonight I would pick up J and travel the world with our three dogs (on our private jet, of course. liquids allowed.)
  94. believe Bush is a puppet president, and the last election was fixed
  95. my shyness makes me come across as an asshole sometimes...
  96. believe my life mission is to do something significant to assist children in poverty
  97. think that fear of failure and timidness prevents me from doing.
  98. love that I have a job where I am expected to make changes for these kids
  99. absolutely love kids. this is one of the few things I'm 100% on. I absolutely love kids.
  100. think that hatred is fear, and fear is the opposite of love.
  101. believe I have a lot to learn, and not as much time to learn it as I'd like (not meant to sound prophetic, just know that time is running out exponentially)

11 comments:

Dan said...

Hey there.. thanks for stopping in on my blog.. guess now I will have to do my 100 things about me :-)

Anonymous said...

I guess that means you don't like 42, but what about 66? It has sixes, but when added together, the sequence progresses to 12, which then added together equals 3.

I'm a big fan of the seventh fractions (1/7, 2/7, etc.).

Tay Hota said...

ick, that one makes me feel nauseous... hate the sixes, hate that they repeat, but love 12... I thinnk (okay, hope) we all have these autistic tendencies.... those sevenths are interesting...

Doug said...

Where's my ice cream cone? WHERE'S THE ICE CREAM?!

Tay Hota said...

ummm, (digging in pocket...) it was here a minute ago, I swear! lint?

Anonymous said...

awww, just makes my insides smile
-J

Doug said...

Why is it whenever I ask a teacher for somethin', he or she'd dig in her pockets 'n' give me nothin' but lint and an excuse b/c he or she's a teacher???

fairfromfair said...

don't get no whiter... strange coincidence. Check out what I wrote on my blog today. eepy-cray.

Love the list - makes me want to do my own. Will have to meditate on it a bit. Thanks for inspiring.

Tay Hota said...

someone just accessed my site after searching the web for 'Spinnanger'. Corky are you out there??? ;) mmmm, corky.... lol

Unknown said...

You're a better man than I. I never bothered with one of these.

bad blogger, I am!

gpqkk

Anonymous said...

I have no idea but my sister mentioned this blog but I doubt it has anything to do with a corky in nj?