Some nights shouldn't happen


Weird night last night, and I'm not at all sure why.

We played a show at a local bar last night; a bar that we've played many times before and is actually, despite the notoriously low turnout, one of our favorite places to play that rock and roll music. Last night was different. In all the years that I've played I've never played to so many backs. The lights were out in the area we were playing, folks were seated at the bar facing away from us and aside from the obligatory 1/2 assed clapping between songs you'd never know we were in the same room.

So that sucked. And then I left my keys and cell in my cymbal bag which was promptly loaded into my guitarists trunk. I didn't notice until almost 2am and had to resort to calling friends to see if anyone was downtown and able to swing by on their way home. No one was. Everyone was sleeping and I woke them all up. I'm real popular this morning. In the end, as I was about to call a cab a friend of my friends said he was heading this way and would drop my stupid ass (my words, not his) home on the way. (Cute and a great conversationalist, the one perk.)

So that sucked. And I smoked my first cigarette in over four months. I don't know why, and I can't say that I hated it.

So that sucked.

No comments: