Happy Thanksgiving...

So, yeah, we broke up and although I'd like to have a journal of this time to be able to look back on, I do think it would be incredibly insensitive and irresponsible to get into any details about what happened and why. I do feel comfortable documenting my feelings though and will try to focus on this when needed, without too much detail as I never know exactly who is reading this.

So, for my first post as a single man (ugh... makes me sad just to type it out...): Happy Thanksgiving. It has been one hell of a week; it's been like riding in the back seat of a car as a kid and hitting one of those dips in the road... Remember how your stomach suddenly jumps into your throat and scares the crap out of you, only to end up making you giggle... Well, kinda like that.. Crying one moment, feeling strong and proud the next... Washing down a tin of cake frosting with a stout beer... ya know, like that...

So back to the post... This year I'm grateful that, while I will drive to and from my parents thanksgiving dinner alone yet again... It will be for the right reasons this time... I'm thankful for my health, and my quit (although it is on very very shaky ground... I have a pack sitting downstairs right now...) I'm thankful that God has given my opportunities for supportive friends, church and activities and that I have seized upon these... And of course, for my Copper dog, who I love.... What else, roof over my head, car's still running (knock knock...)

Anyway.. Suddenly had a flash forward to next year, sitting here (or somewhere) reading over this... Wonder what things will be like... Will I be back with him? Will I be with someone else? Will I be sad and alone, with nothing having changed? Let's hope, AND plan for the best...

Tonight I'm praying for Joe, my friend, who is just out of ICU, but still quarantined in the hospital... I love this guy and am grateful for having the opportunity to have worked with him for the past year..... ♥

No comments: