The Old Settler


Give me live theatre, any day, over sitting in front of that damned television. It's only regional theatre, in little ol' NC; yet the entire experience thrills me; makes me feel alive. It's my own private peak into someone else's head, life, emotions. It's painting in motion. I absolutely love it and hate that when it's over it's over there is no DVD to bring home to review on an endless loop, and there is certainly no soundtrack for those endless hours of treadmill torture. In my house, anyway, there is no older lady gracefully resting her head on her beau's shoulder silently confriming her love and open surrender.

"No one dies alone. Someone is always sent from the other side to be with you."

In life we are not alone. We have the ability to make choices. We can turn around and grab a hand, or we can wait for someone to come knocking. We can make our choices; follow our hearts and ride out the results or we can sit, and hope, and pray, for outcomes. I'm sick to death of being alone in my house, my head and my heart. It takes nights, and plays, like this to focus on where I am and where I could be. The Old Settler reminds me of what it is to feel love, to take risks on life and yourself.

In short: Good play...

No comments: