You're a peein'

It's so nice out! Noon in the southeast and the temperature is currently 75. Beauteous. Last night I even got to sleep with my windows open, one of my favorite things to do. I got into bed at around 10:30, let the dog curl up close (it was almost chilly!) and cracked open my new copy of "That's MISTER Faggot to You!" As this book is the most boring, bitter thing I've stared at since Tom Cruise, I was asleep in no time.

Sleeping with windows open is Risky Business (sorry) as boxers are bred to be guard dogs and bred well they are. The dog likes to toss and turn all night, is afraid of the fan, and will perk up to even the slightest scurry outside my room. At 3:30 or so I rolled over, apparently only partially awake anyway, and put my hand right in a wet spot, on my mattress, and not the good kind. MY dog left a spot and was, of course, laying on the opposite side of the bed from it. I always thought it was embarrassing to watch my mom smell urine, but god, it's so much worse to realize you're doing it yourself.

I don't know what it is, it had no color, and little to no smell, but seemed to have seeped (yuck) through the blanket, sheet and into the mattress. There is absolutely nothing like getting up at 3:30, putting your nose into what very well may be dog piss, and then have to scrub your mattress, only to look up and realize your shades are wide open. In a townhouse. With many many neighbors.

I did not sleep well last night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my pups has the same issue: seepage. It's not really urine, but it's not quite water. In the middle of the night, it don't really matter, cuz it's a wet spot nonetheless!