I'm an asshole...

So, I have these neighbors. These two ladies (adult woman and her daughter) moved in from NY about a year or so ago. The daughter is in middle school around here and is the picture perfect adolescent female (i.e. totally ca-razy...) I like them both, for what they are: my patio friends. I like to sit on the back porch with the mother (to be referred to from now on as "my girlfriend. This is what my boyfriend calls her.) We will smoke cigarettes, share neighborhood news, and the like... Sometimes we will have a beer... These are the parts I like.

We will also: listed to her whine, not let me go inside even after persistent and blunt comments about having to eat, relieve myself, mail a turd to the superintendent.. Whatever... I can't get away from them... And now my girlfriend has asked me to go to a movie with her... There is no theatre on my back porch. I have resorted to smoking out front, where it's sunny and miserable, but they've caught my plan. They now knock on my front door and ask stupid question (you want some tomatoes?)

I also like to think I like having friends, and that I'm a friendly person, but jeez... The hunky guy across the court has never brought his chiseled chest over to see what I think... Nope. With me it's the pushy NY'r and her daughter. I'm an asshole.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's not a comment. That's spam. You can delete it.

As for your ny neighbors: You need to set the boundaries, cuz they obviously have none. Don't be subtle. Make your desire to be alone---or at least sans them---very blatant. Like a brick. Upside the head. :~)