What it is to be "FREE"

At church we have a song, psalm, whatever, called "What it is to be free." (okay I just googled that and it seems I have the name wrong, butttt....) When I first started attending I was in crisis and this was the first song we sang. I was fighting one last battle with myself over my sexuality and losing. I was bringing down everyone with me. This was the song that changed my life into one of (more) consistency and fulfillment. I've been thinking again lately about what it is to be truly free in your life. Here are my thoughts on the topic....

To live with a clean conscience
To live in the present with plans for the future
To live outwardly and with purpose
To reserve judgment
To live for yourself and those that love you
To let go of those that do not
To forgive those who hurt you
To forgive yourself when you hurt
To allow yourself to dream
To allow yourself to act foolish sometimes
To allow yourself to grow up
To allow yourself to remain a kid
To maintain your health
To continue to search for moments of beauty
To organize your time and home
To spend more time in the gym than you do in the mirror
To keep your knives dull and your jokes sharp

1 comment:

Abreu, Jorge said...

Nice list... I likes very much.