Six Feet Under

As far back as I can remember I've always had a sense of life as a temporary state. Not so much in a morbid way but really understanding how important it is to grasp the moment. Butterflies dancing joyfully up from my grandmothers grave; my mothers kiss and father's carrying me to bed at night; those silly conversations that occur half-way through a bottle of fine wine.

The mistake that I've made in this sense is to mourn the moment before its fully passed. I think sometimes that I live in dread. I hear myself being irritable and mean, but am coming to find that it's out of sadness; loneliness; knowledge. Knowledge of the temporary state.

As Nate said tonight, "You can't take a picture of that, it's already gone."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My current novel addresses the very ephemerousness of life. Great blog!