C-C-C-Coffee

My best friend, J, got engaged last year. She'd only known the boy for a couple months when he drunkenly proposed and so they spent the past year or so trying to sort it all out. Needless to say, once they started to tear away the layers and really know each other, they were not thrilled with what was revealed. They no longer talk.

So in my attempt to build excitement for myself around this imminent train wreck I travelled to target. com and sulked through their wedding registry. I was the only one. In a year not one other person picked anything up for them (or maybe they were smart enough to keep theirs rather than having it mailed). So J returned my coffee maker last week, a week after they mutually agreed that they should no longer have any contact or conversation (and four days after they last talked).

My bf and I travelled to Targe' to trade in this doomed plastic and steel caffeine delivery system for my very own single cup maker. (I'm so tired of making coffee in a huge tank for one person.) So many choices! The black and decker one was what I wanted but it was so cheaply made! (I was soon to learn that "anything Black and Decker makes is crap!") The Senseo was cool, and came in a couple nifty colors... and the other just didn't "speak" to me. But Joe did.

"So you in the market for a coffee maker are ya? Wellll if you like coffe you have to get the Senseo, you HAVE to! I mean, you'll like it.. it's like espresso, but not quite as much and the pods are so great and easy to clean??" ....quiver quiver, tic, tic... Joe went on about this coffee maker for at least fifteen minutes, had a brief conversation with his long-red-haired son, and continued to tell me the benefits of this wonder of modern science. I've never been so excited about a coffee maker! I got the one in blue (mistake, but...) dropped the bf at home and promptly came home to begin my addiction. The thing is still sitting in the center of my stove with the plug draped precariously across a burner. The machine is surrounded by packing materials, coffee marks on the counter, and a large bag of 'free' coffee pods...

This morning at four a.m. I got out of bed to check the web for deals on a 'less-caffeinated' alternative.... This is getting out of hand...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading/hearing/talking/thinking about that bastard still pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!!
J