We're all winners here.

Here are a few of the pics from our white water outting last month. You will notice that our faces are not featured in any of these pics, and you would be correct to assume that it is due in large part to our desire for anonymity. It's also due to the fact that, with our little white helmets on we looked A LOT like stars on the Special Olympics National Rafting Team. Above is one of my better Special Olympics captures. Yes, they get worse. (Notice how the guide next to me is holding up her hands like "What the hell is wrong with this guy?") This is why I have no self esteem.


We shared the raft with a family of four from Wilmington. They said they were en route to an appointment in Chapel Hill and we noticed that one of the boys (the one on the left, I think) had one of those med alert bracelets on and his mom asked asked him a few times how he was feeling etc. Cool folks, I hope whatever they were going through worked itself out. (At one point the (my)boy said to me, "I wonder if I"ve been wearing this helmet backwards this whole time." To which the boy on the right said, "umm, yeah, you have," and tried desperately to control his giggles.)


These are my feet in my brand spanking new $7 Target sandal things; jealous? I was the last one let back into a raft after some free float time... The water was well over my head here.

Now you've seen my feet and my ears, is it getting hot in here?

6 comments:

Madam Sakura said...

I went rafting in Upstate New York a few years ago. It was super awesome!!!

BTW...very sexy feet...

Doug said...

Next thing you know, you might spicen things up by showin' your shins. *does gesture of avatar above*

Tay Hota said...

hey, you can see me from head to toe above... dont blame ME b/c you didn't invest in that magnifying glass... ; )

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! Which river/tour did you do?

Tay Hota said...

This was the French Broad near Asheville NC. It really was a blast, although my writst is still hurting... I see x-rays in my future...

Anonymous said...

Cute feet - beautiful river - nothing like North Carolina...

Spider