In memory...

What words for that dying man,
or yet the man already dead.
These are the words for my granpa Tom
a'er I leaned to his casketed head.
I feel the sadness to be expected towards you,
and grief our live's cost.
Most of all I congratulate you Pop
on the life you've boldly led and lost.
I believe that smile not stiched to you,
but carved from your last stance-
reflecting on life's peculiar way
of teaching us to dance.
Congratulations on the kids and wife,
(grandma will soon unite)
and the will to live strong,
golden, even through this long night.
Goodbye my grandfather,
know for you today I smile-
For the thousands of roads you've driven-
I'm proud to have shared a mile.
Not without errors of man
you've risen, you've raced, you've won.

1 comment:

epicurist said...

What a beautiful ode....sniff sniff. Hugs.