It's about damn time...

Thank GOD I finally heard someone say it (even though you have to watch the the entire clip to see the cut off version of his answer...)... It's seems so fundamental the only way to resolve the issue of gay marriage in our country is to require that our government accept, acknowledge and promote civil unions of all people, straight or gay with the individual churches deciding whether or not the union is a marriage... It's a matter of vocabulary within belief and the government has no place in making that decision for a church... The candidates that support separation but do not see it this way contradict themselves... I'm liking this guy more and more every day...




Go Obama Go!!! (And I agree with Jon on the jacket; why didn't she ask about his hair?!)

I know, it's not the only issue, and truthful, not the most pressing issue out there, but one that continues to build my trust in this man's honesty and passion... Hope I don't have to eat those words...

6 comments:

quakerboy said...

I've been trying to tell you guys that Obama is awesome. Ya need to listen to my limitless wisdom! :-)

Anything else you want to know?

-Craig

Tay Hota said...

oh shut up ego, I been saying it for years too... everyone has, just hope he's not telling us what we wanna hear... leaving that up to Hillary...

Tay Hota said...

more to the point... he has reformed his answers a bit more to my likin as well... never heard him make this case for seperation of church and state, have you? In defense of the state AND church... why's he the first?!?!

Madam Sakura said...

Hey there, it's been awhile! Good to see you're still plugging away.

I think that Obama sucks as bad as Clinton. There's only 2 people that I believe would do our country some good and on the democratic side I like Gravel. He speaks the truth. On the republican side I think that Ron Paul has got it together. Unfortunately because each of these candidates don't have the "financial backing" (a bunch of garbage if ya ask me, just means that they don't have the support of major corporations who are the ones REALLY running the show...)they will never get the nomination.

It's quite unfortunate if you ask me... Wait, you did ask me right???

Tay Hota said...

thanks for your comment madam... I heard a few things I liked from Gravel, but to be honest, I'm so tired of seeing these white haired geezers who don't know where they are trying to remember what it is they're supposed to say about each issue... In short, I don't believe him... also, and this is even more subjective I know, there was something in his eyes when the lesbians showed up on screen that made me uncomfortable...

underneath said...

Interesting blog.