Strangers With Candy



God I fucking love Amy Sedaris. The best friend and I drove to Raleigh yesterday, in the the pouring rain (yes, it WAS like pouring piss from a boot...) to catch the Strangers With Candy movie. The weather and shoddy directions caused us to miss the first couple minutes of the movie but it was surprisingly easy to catch up on the plot. (Girl goes to jail for a while; gets out.)

In short, what started as a Masterdate turned out to be a great movie, awesome pizza and lousy singing afternoon of fun. Great movie, if you're a fan. You may not get it if not... But it was well worth our trip over there. I imagine it's much more funny in the theatre so I'd recommend you head out and see it. I desperately want to share some of the funnier lines, but the two or three of you that read this may get pissed, and that's an anger I cannot afford.

*Day 18 of the quit, feeling great!

3 comments:

Doug said...

I remember the series on Comedy Central; funny stuff. I also love Stephen Colbert's character in that show, especially on his own spinoff, the Colbert Report.

'Grats on makin' it another day of pure oxygen. Remember, your advice is STILL much appreciated. ;)

fairfromfair said...

Oh what I would ahve given to grow up in the Sedaris household.... I would have stories to keep me laughing till my dying day. Although my work in the South Bronx has provided some pretty major tales of both humor and tears - thanks for the kudos.

Madam Sakura said...

Yeah...You don't wanna know what'll happen if I get cheezed off...ROFL. It ain't pretty...