A Letter to N.E. and Gno Whan

We've all heard it said that writers block is not the inability to know what to write, rather, lacking the confidence to trust what it is you're writing. I started writing this blog as a diary, just a simple way to log my own personal commentary, with hopes that occasionally folks would drop in and add their own, thereby making my ideas organic, active and malleable. Unfortunately the more I realized people were reading these and commenting, I stifled the truly personal stuff and went more for what may please. This has gotten me in trouble: I can't write. For the first time I'm drafting items before I publish them, which allows me to second guess and, in the end, not publish them at all.

New rule: I don't give a shit. Of course, it's been so long since I've posted that I've lost most of my readers, and that's almost a good thing. I'm going back to diary/ journal rather than trying to gain readers. It will be more fun this way because what's more fun that talking about yourself? Okay, playing with yourself, but that gets lonely. Talking about myself seems to have kept me entertained for the past 32 years. Hell, it's like a giant play in which I am the only real character. Wow, back to egotistical asshole so quickly... This is working already!!!

And off we go....

Monkey

No comments: