Bloody Right.

Well that didn't work out too well did it now? Seems it was JUST February... Here it June... goodness me, as my Aunt Whatsename might've said. First day of summer and I'm already feeling fat lazy and increasingly unmotivated. Time to set some goals:

1. Get your fat ass to the gym. It's there for a reason and it's NOT meant to function as a kick-stand.

2. Just read an intro by Ray Bradbury in which he lays out the formula he used to write. I love to write and have plenty of material but, the motivation thing. The way ol' Ray wrote initially was to sit first thing every morning and write the first thing that came into his head (no wonder he wrote so many short stories). I vow to myself (and myself only so that no one else knows when I fail) to write every morning, even if it's only a word. Some days, hell, I may be able to write for hours if it allows me to put off the vaccum or a shower.

3. This past year was shite. Pure and simple. Spend some quality time planning for next year. This can work it's way into daily writings. (Why am I thinking of this all in a British accent? ay?)

4. Paint your friggin house. Your friends and parents dont want to hear anymore about what's "going to be." Do it.

5. Lastly: hmmmm.. seems like I should have five, such a fine number. "Goal 5: Come up with a new goal five later and replace."

Cheers!

No comments: