Best Boy, err, Buy


So the boif and I went over to Best Buy to check out the merch. (one of his favorite pastimes and tolerable for me). As usual we split up, me traveling over to the cd's and he to the computers and games. I was perusing the crap that is American pop music and glanced over to see whether he was done. He was having a good time playing one of those stand-up gaming displays when another guy, tall thin and fit walked up to pick up the controller next to him. They played along and next time I glanced over they were talking directly to each other, all smiles and laughter, controllers laying unused in their hands.


Taking my cue I wandered over to say hi (read: stake my claim). The boif detected my unease and immediately got defensive: "What's your problem? Why'd you even come over here? I mean, look at him? Why would I even be interested?" Trying to ignore my impulse to ask, "would it be safe to assume something was up if he WAS a looker?" I looked over/ up at the guy (he must have been seven feet tall). He had the most gorgeous blue/ green eyes I've seen, tanned face and shining smiley teeth; not a bit of insecurity and not a hair out of place.


Angry at myself over my jealousy and distrust, and angry at the boif for his defensive stance, I wandered away to process. When I glanced back the two of them where standing front to back, the tall gamer leaned over slightly with the boif behind him, hanging onto his belt loop like a rodeo rider, both of them smiling from ear to ear...


God I hate dreaming...

2 comments:

one3y3 said...

Sounds like a bad dream I'd have.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.