New Year's Eve Eve


Funny that we utilize this time of year to set goals/ resolutions (difference?) for ourselves, but it seems the thing to do. I suspect, in my case, that the time between Thanksgiving and New Year's marks our most gluttonous time so when better to be reminded of our misdeeds than New Year's day? I sit here at 7:30 am, unable to sleep because of the higher than average levels of nicotine and beer residues coursing through my system. The caffeine from the Goody's powder I took two hours ago to fend off an impending hangover has got me wired, and my head hurts anyway. It doesn't take much anymore. I didn't get drunk last night, but with enough cigarettes one beer can trap me within my throbbing head for hours. This seems like an opportune time to work through those resolutions; those made New Years Eve are tough to remember the next day (except for, "I will never drink again.")

  • Get back to the gym, that is, if your fat ass will fit through the door
  • Read Allan Carr's "Easy Way to Quit Smoking"
  • Learn to use that camera
  • At least research grad school options
  • Stick to your three drink rule, always
  • Blog more often and more honestly
  • Get to church at least once a month
  • Get re-involved in church activities beyond poker and service

Alright, that's a start. I will admit I thought of a few more important ones, but nothing I'm feeling ready to commit to right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Want to hear my stupid ones?
Here goes:
- quit smoking although I love it
- look better naked
- be fearless and more confident
- start teaching (should be higher on the list, don't you think?)
- earn enough to buy a house for me and the girls
J