New Year's Revolutions


Everyone seems to be starting out their New Year's posts by pointing out how they hate New Year's Resolutions. Fine, but to me this is a logical time to look back on the previous year and take note of where we have improvements to make. Here are my resolutions for the new year:


  • Continue to develop and cultivate my friendships. In the past I have gotten lazy and focused on a friend or two at a time. I'm not out for the number but in my quest to build true community I know the responsibility lies on me to pick up the phone, drop by and spread invites.

  • Get to work on time. With my 'itinerant' status (that does NOT mean sub, by the way...) it is easy for my to slip into work a bit late from time to time. I would be more effective if I was there on on time.

  • Continue to commit myself to healthy living. Specifically: set a new quit smoking date and continue going to the gym at least 4 times a week.

  • Record with the band and play out at least twice a month, preferably to an audience (novel idea).

  • Commit myself to my relationship with the boy, while continuing to take it moment by moment and do not over analyze.

  • Be happy... Live out loud... Laugh... "Be the person your dog thinks you are..." (I know, I need to get out of these elementary schools...)

  • Travel... That's what the second job is for... Get out of debt and get out of the house...

Sláinte...

No comments: