Death Cab for TJ


I first heard Death Cab for Cutie on the last Six Feet Under soundtrack. Since then my bestest friend in the entire world, J, has burned me one of their cd's. I can't get enough of their music, lyrics, and general feel. (By the way, I want my hair to look just like this guy's... damned waves...) Here are lyrics from my two current DCFC songs:

The Sound of Settling
I've got a hunger Twisting my stomach into knots That my tongue was tied off
My brain's repeating"if you've got an impulse let it out" But they never make it past my mouth.
this is the sound of settling
Our youth is fleeting Old age is just around the bend And i can't wait to go grey
And i'll sit and wonder Of every love that could've been If i'd only thought of something charming to say.
This is the sound of settling I've got a hunger twisting my stomach into knots.
I'll Follow You Into the Dark
Love of mine some day you will die But I'll be close behind I'll follow you into the dark
No blinding light or tunnels to gates of white Just our hands clasped so tight
Waiting for the hint of a spark
If heaven and hell decide That they both are satisfied Illuminate the no's on their vacancy signs If there's no one beside you When your soul embarks Then I'll follow you into the dark In Catholic school as vicious as Roman rule I got my knuckles bruised by a lady in black
And I held my toungue as she told me "Son fear is the heart of love" So I never went back
If heaven and hell decide That they both are satisfied Illuminate the no's on their vacancy signs If there's no one beside you When your soul embarks Then I'll follow you into the dark
You and me have seen everything to see From Bangcock to Calgary And the soles of your shoes are all worn down The time for sleep is now It's nothing to cry about Cause we'll hold each other soon The blackest of rooms...
If heaven and hell decide That they both are satisfied Illuminate the no's on their vacancy signs If there's no one beside you When your soul embarks Then I'll follow you into the dark Then I'll follow you into the dark

1 comment:

epicurist said...

Yeah, I really like em too. Lyrics are always quite interesting.